Thursday 20 October 2016

Genius Hour Week 4 Reflection

This week, I chose to learn how to cook a healthier alternative to one of my favourite meals, chili. I was surprised at how many different recipes I was able to find that offer a wide range and variation of this classic recipe! Instead of sticking to one recipe, I decided to look at few that I thought could taste good. In order to make mine more personalized, including ingredients I thought I would enjoy, I chose to incorporate certain ingredients and foods from each recipe. Here are a few chili recipes that are delicious and at the same time, promote a healthy lifestyle. These recipes provide ideas about alternative food choices, such as using ground turkey instead of beef and coconut oil to replace olive oil and each of these recipes also include a large variety of vegetables!

Throughout my search for healthy recipes I learned that it is possible to enjoy many of my favourite meals and that there are many ways that I can simply switch out certain ingredients for those that are healthier and more nutricious. This may require taking some time to research information about different foods that can be a healthier choice as well as ways to incorporate them into recipes to enhance meals but it is well worth the time spent to gain this information. 
Chili (October 2016). Image retrieved from my personal collection

No comments:

Post a Comment