Friday 7 October 2016

Genius Hour Week 3 Reflection

This week I chose a new recipe that I found on Pinterest and attempted to prepare it. The meal that I chose was an Avocado Caprese Skillet Chicken recipe,and I chose this meal becuase it includes some of my favourite foods and I was interested to see if I was able to replicate the recipe and find out how everything will taste. What I really liked about this recipe is that it was healthy and incorporated foods from different food groups. I also enjoyed the addition of the balsamic glaze- I found that it added a new flavour to the entire meal. 

From making this meal, I learned that there are so many creative ways to incorporate foods from various food groups into one meal. Instead of making separate small meals consisting of only chicken and only vegetables etc. I was able to combine foods to make one tasty and healthy meal! I also learned that balsamic is a wonderful and flavourful addition and topping to a variety foods! 

I also learned that preparing these meals is a very time consuming process- I noticed that it took me much longer than the stated time frame on the recipe to prepare and cook this meal. So far, aside from the specific time I had designated to prepare and cook my chosen new healthy meal for the week, I have been trying to motivate myself to eat less junk food and to consume more water, however I have not been as successful as I had hoped. I have realized that actually taking the time to be more conscientious of eating habits and ways to maintain a healthier lifestyle is a challenging task, and just as time consuming as actually researching about effective habits and practices to adopt. 
Avocado Caprese Chicken (October 2016). Retrieved from my own collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment