Friday 30 September 2016

Genius Hour Week 2 Reflection

This week I have started to compile some recipes for meals I would like to learn to make. I found an overwhelming amount of delicious looking recipes on Pinterest and chose ones that appealed to me in terms of how they promote a healthier lifestyle as well as creativity in ingredient and food combinations.

I started with a simpler recipe for my first meal, a detox soup!, which consisted of a variety of vegetables and spices, as well as shredded chicken breasts and chicken broth. What intrigued me about this soup was its description as being a detox meal. According to the individual who shared this recipe, one of the purposes of this soup is to be used as a healthy cleanse, removing toxins from the body and restoring the body's overall health. While I only made and served this soup one time so far and did not attempt this ten day cleanse, I am interested to research more about cleanses and learning more about foods that detoxify the body and what effects that would have not only on the body but on the mind and overall feeling of wellness.

I hope to continue finding recipes with foods that promote clean and healthy eating and to learn more about how cleanses work and how effective they are.

Chicken Detox Soup (September 2016). Retrieved from my own personal collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment