Monday 12 September 2016

Welcome!

     Hello and welcome to my blog! I am new to the world of blogging and I am very excited to use this tool for my course relating to teaching in digital age. I definitely do not feel that I am the most tech savvy individual, however I am looking forward to developing the necessary skills and expanding my knowledge pertaining to technology that will help me to become a successful and effective educator in the digital age.

     This week in the course, I was introduced to the concept of Genius Hour. Taking a Virtual Field Trip, I was able to explore and learn about this new concept and gain an understanding of how I can integrate Genius Hour into the classroom. In an educational context, Genius Hour is a movement that encourages student-driven learning. It involves designating a certain amount of time each day or week for students to be creative and explore what they are most passionate about. These helpful links provide informative outlines of what Genius Hour is and how it can be implemented into the classroom to encourage creativity and a positive learning experience for students.


No comments:

Post a Comment